Web / UX Designer
I would like to establish, up front, that my credentials are not formal. My love of front-end/UX design, however, is very formal. In a word, or make that 4 words, I am self-taught.
My transition from adminstrative assitant to front-end web designer, began in 2013. After discovering MOOCs, taking various courses, my passion for web development took root. Utilizing resources such as W3Schools, MDN Web Docs and, the big kahuna, WC3 tutorials I was able to teach myself the art of front-end web design.
I build clean, scalable and responsive web sites. Using best web practices, css frameworks, js libraries and prototyping tools is how most of my projects are built. My focus is on buidling apps and sites for professionals and small business using as many open sourced resources as possible.
- Adobe XD
- Web Animation
- UX Visual Design
- Solid understanding of CSS/HTML
- experience working with web builders, e-commerce platforms, WordPress and Online Code Editors
- Sematics and Accessability
- Bootstrap 5.0/Frameworks
- understanding of the product life cycle (brainstorm, define, design, test, and launch)
- Project Managment
- collaborative, communicative, self-start with the ability to work remotely
- familiarity with modern, cross-platform, responsive web design trends
- Written and Verbal Communications
- UX Design Professional (3 of 7) — Coursera
- Business Finance — Coursera
- Project Management — Alison
- Google Analytics — Google Skillshop
- CSS Essentials 1, 2 and 3 — LinkedIn Learning
- Responsive Web Design — FreeCodeCamp
- MOS 2016 Certified — Microsoft Learning
- Flexbox — Flexbox-Zombies
- Associates Degree in Liberal Arts (Science/History)
Is it wise to admit that I am re-working all my samples? To late, I just did. Studying UX design revealed the mistake in my design thinking. I was building projects right out of 2011. Hence a complete rebuilding of my portfolio and the old samples still standing. Find quick links below.
As my training has broadened to include app building, I've added an app. It's an upgrade on one of the “Five Challenges” posed by Andy Sterkowitz, a Youtuber who's extraordinaire.
Monthly Expense Tracker
I'm An Expense App
alt x = print expenses